[exim] systemd unit - Requires/Wants/...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] systemd unit - Requires/Wants/...
Hello,

I am not 100% sure what the best/correct dependencies for Debian's
systemd unit (Type=exec) are.

For reference exim git has:
Requires=network.target
After=networking.target

while Fedora, Gentoo, Opensuse use
After=network.target

and we (Debian) currently have
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target

* I think exim.git's "After=networking.target" is a typo and should
read "After=network.target"
* Reading https://systemd.io/NETWORK_ONLINE/ network.target is very weak
and "its primary purpose is for ordering things properly at shutdown",
so Requires/Wants should not make a significant difference.
* The same page says "for example network server software should
generally not pull this [network-online.target] in." So Debian might
have made an error and should switch to network.target. Except exim is
not just a server for incoming connection but also makes outgoing
connections.
* exim usually will not be able to do something useful without
nss-lookup.target and nss-user-lookup.target so these are candidates
for After-directives. What about remote-fs.target or using
RequiresMountsFor=/home or RequiresMountsFor=/var/mail?

cu Andreas