[exim] Re: Can't get domain blocking working

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ray O'Donnell
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Christopher Curzio, exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Re: Can't get domain blocking working
On 15/08/2024 14:42, Christopher Curzio via Exim-users wrote:
> Hey everyone. I'm having an issue that I can't figure out, and I've tried
> multiple variations of the config to no avail. I have two files in
> /etc/mail: reject_standard and reject_harsh. Both files contain a list of
> domain names. I'm trying to get exim to read these files and reject email
> if the sender's address is from one of the listed domains. None of what I
> have tried has worked.

I block individual addresses rather than entire domains - ours is a
small setup so it's not something I have to do a lot - and here's what I
have as part of the RCPT ACL. Blocked addresses are kept in a database
table.

# Reject altogether if the address is blacklisted for the recipient domain.
deny
  message = The sender address has been black-listed: $sender_address
  log_message = Send was blacklisted: $sender_address
  condition = ${lookup pgsql{\
        select 1 from blacklist_addresses \
        where domain_name = '${quote_pgsql:$domain}' \
        and bl_address = '${quote_pgsql:$sender_address}' \
      }{true}{false}}

It's a virtual-domain setup, hence the test on $domain.

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland