[exim] Re: autoreply and DKIM signature ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: autoreply and DKIM signature ?
On 2024-08-14 Chris Siebenmann via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> > On 14/08/2024 15:27, Kurt Jaeger via Exim-users wrote:
> > > So: user1@domain1 has an autoreply, and the autoreply
> > > should be signed with dkim for domain1.

> > I do not agree.
> > The DKIM RFC says that anyone can sign a message.

> As a practical matter, we[*] have observed GMail rejecting email
> messages with claims that they are doing so because the DKIM signature
> domain didn't match the From: domain. After observing this, we switched
> to signing messages with a domain that matched the From: (and generally
> not signing them if we had no such match, even though we could have
> signed them as our main domain name).

[...]

Hello,

Are you confident your observation is relevant here, in context with
messages with empty envelope from?

This sounds like gmail is doing the standard DMARC alignment-check
requiring *either* envelope-from aligning with header-from together with
SPF-success *or* a DKIM signature whose d= tag matches header-from.

cu Andreas