[exim] Re: autoreply and DKIM signature ?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kurt Jaeger
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jeremy Harris
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Re: autoreply and DKIM signature ?
Hi!

> On 14/08/2024 14:31, Kurt Jaeger via Exim-users wrote:
> > The problem is that the autoreply driver looses the information
> > on which sender is used to send out the mail (envelope-from is <>
> > to avoid mail-loops).
>
> More to the point, there *is no* sender.

I understand, this avoids mail-loops. But the auto-reply
has the correct Mail-From (!), so it has the correct info somewhere ?

> It is your choice what to use for a domain for signing with
> (assuming you have keys...). The "main" domain for the
> operator of the MTA might be a good one.

Our setup has individual keys per domain on the same host.

So: user1@domain1 has an autoreply, and the autoreply
should be signed with dkim for domain1.

user2@domain2 has an autoreply, and that autoreply
should be signed with dkim for domain2.

The mail-from is correct in those cases (!), but autoreply
has no way to know which one is used...

Interestingly:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50371039/does-dkim-verify-smtp-envelope-from-or-the-mail-header-from

points to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMARC#Alignment

which says: DMARC checks Mail-From. In the above case
that would not work, as autoreply has the correct Mail-From,
but the envelope-from is <>.

That why I think that the autoreply method should have some
way to find the domain from the mail-from. I can try to parse
it from the autogenerated mail, but this looks complicated.

--
pi@???            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?