[exim] Re: sender verification details

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jan Ingvoldstad
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Re: sender verification details
On Fri, Aug 9, 2024 at 4:20 PM Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On 09/08/2024 14:16, Jan Ingvoldstad via Exim-users wrote:
> > ${lookup dnsdb{mxh=$sender_address_domain}{$value}{lookup
> > dnsdb{a=$sender_address_domain}}}
>
> An mxh lookup gets you a name (which should be key for a further
> A or AAAA). Not an IP.

Yes, but as a shorthand for checking whether email might be deliverable,
you look up either whether there is at least one MX record, or whether
there is an A or AAAA record.

Actual delivery would check whether the MX record(s) have valid and usable
A/AAAA records, etc.

> Separately, there's an a+ lookup for getting both AAAA and A in one hit.
> There isn't a an mxh+ though, would might be cute. Bug 1270.

It would be *really* cute if there was a mail deliverability DNS lookup.

But for my example above, I think the mxh+ and a+ lookups in combination
would be good enough?
--
Jan