[exim] Re: sender verification details

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ian Z via Exim-users
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Re: sender verification details
On Wed, Aug 07, 2024 at 09:55:09AM GMT, Jasen Betts via Exim-users wrote:

> > Does non-callout sender verification of nonlocal addresses, in the
> > case of a dnslookup router, determine the MX host of the sender
> > domain? If yes, how can I access and log that information?

> So "verify = sender"

> That's going to activate the routers, if it hits a "dnslookup"
> router that is enabled for verify then yes there will be a DNS
> lookup for MX (shortcut-or A) records, they will be resolved to A
> records (if needed) and compared agaisnt any "ignore_target_hosts"
> on the router.

> The succesful router will drop this (filtered) list of IP addresses
> into some variable.

> $sender_address_data perhaps

Even if this worked (cf. Jeremy) it would not do what I actually
wanted, namely get the MX record(s), not followed further.

This is just for preparatory information gathering, not yet actual
accept or reject policy setting.

Explicit dnsdb lookup works, already in place.

--
> Слава Україні

++

--