著者: Cam Ellison
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Re: Exim, virtual users, and usernames
On 2024-08-08 03:17, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 07/08/2024 16:21, Cam Ellison via Exim-users wrote:
>> I will greatly appreciate any insights.
>
> You didn't describe your symptoms... I suggest identifying
> magic terms from them and looking in the Concept Index of
> the docs:
>
> https://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-concept_index.html

I'll have a look at that.

Symptoms: the local router fails (appropriately) because $local_part is
not a local user, and then the virtual mail router fails because
depending on the contents of 'XXXX' in the condition line

condition = ${lookup mysql{SELECT email_username FROM league where
email_username='XXXX'}{$value}fail}

exim generates an error and either the email is refused or $local_part
($local_part_data?) is set to zero and the email goes nowhere. Somehow I
need to be able to pass a valid and detainted user@domain to smtp.

I will do some (more) reading as Andrew suggested.

Thank you

Cam