[exim] Re: sender verification details

Author: Slavko
To: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: sender verification details
Dňa 7. augusta 2024 7:41:38 UTC používateľ Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>I am guessing Exim can probably do this, and this is not part of "sender
>verification", as such, but is likely just basic access control (as in
>that other MTA I use).

In default exim.conf docs one can read:

    require verify        = sender

"... Verification consists of trying to route the address, to see if a bounce
message could be delivered to it. In the case of remote addresses, basic
verification checks only the domain ..."

In other words, it try to resolve target domain to target host(s) (IP) as for
delivery (but skips delivery itself). There is variable (i don't remember
its name from head), where verification error (if any) is stored, check docs
for it.

regards

--
Slavko