[exim] Re: sender verification details

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] Re: sender verification details
On Wed, Aug 07, 2024 at 10:23:38AM +0300, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2024 at 01:16:29PM -0700, Ian Z via Exim-users wrote:
> > Does non-callout sender verification of nonlocal addresses, in the case of
> > a dnslookup router, determine the MX host of the sender domain?
>
> Please, explain how non-local address can be verified without callout.
> It seems me that only thing to be "verified" in this case is syntax.

It seems the OP is asking whether it is possible to verify the
*existence* of the envelope sender domain, and perhaps apply rules based
on the associated MX hostname(s) (or implicit MX 0, absent MX records).

I am guessing Exim can probably do this, and this is not part of "sender
verification", as such, but is likely just basic access control (as in
that other MTA I use).

--
    Viktor.