[exim] lowest numbered MX record points to local host

Author: Jim Pazarena
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] lowest numbered MX record points to local host
I run with 4.94.2 with no issues.

I tried to load a new server with 4.98 using the same configs and same
hosting domains, and email is rejected with the subject message. I see
also ... "Could not complete sender verify"

If I swing back to the chassis with 4.94.2, emails flows again as expected.

Would someone please suggest what may have changed between these two
versions that triggers this local host message (and fails to accept
emails because of this) ?

--
Jim Pazarena         exim@???
Haida Gwaii - British Columbia - Canada