[exim] Re: exim don't speak to google any more!

Página Inicial
Autor: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: exim don't speak to google any more!
On Mon, Jul 29, 2024 at 09:44:17AM +0100, Bernard Quatermass via Exim-users wrote:

> > Exim really should be updated to ignore OpenSSL's truncation
> > detection, I don't recall whether that even already happened and the
> > OP is running an older version?
>
> I rather think postfix is the codebase with the issues. You are
> welcome to take your partisan sniping somewhere other than this list.

I get the impressionexpect that most exim-users list readers find my
occasional posts on TLS in SMTP more useful than not. I'm sorry that's
not the case for you. I think the accusation of "partisan sniping" is
rather undeserved.

I took pains to explain that TLS truncation detection has no value in
SMTP, and so various SMTP stacks choose to not keep connections alive
for the additional RTTs required to perform a two-sided TLS shutdown.

Exim logs carry warnings that make some users worry there's a problem
with their mail, when nothing worth worrying about is actually taking
place. To me, it seems reasonable to not waste the users' time with
such warnings. This has nothing to do with which MTA I personally
happen to prefer, though my preference is neither secret nor surprising.

--
    Viktor.