[exim] Re: Recipient verification and user .forward files

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Re: Recipient verification and user .forward files
On 17/05/2024 20:15, Ian Z via Exim-users wrote:
> It doesn't look like the address_data way of getting the forwading
> address will work for full sieve / exim filters, does it?

If

- the redirect router that runs the filter has not disabled itself
for verify (cf. the no_verify option)
- the router permits filters
- the filter is accessible to the UID that exim runs as during reception
(eg. "exim" - but Deb uses some other name which I forget)
- the filter results in a "username@dmain" result, as opposed to
filename, directory name, "pipe command", or one of the :<foo>:
specials

then the mail address resulting from the filter "is routed independently".
That means that the router chain is restarted from the top, with the new
address.

Typically this new address will be accepted (and passed to a transport)
by some other router. Even if there are several redirect steps this
should eventually be so. That other router can have an address_data option,
to set $address_data.

The obvious gotcha, for *user* .forward files & filters as opposed to the system one,
is the need for access by the exim UID. "Will work" depends on that.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy