[exim] Re: Unable to deliver mail to localuser: local_delive…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Zacchaeus Scheffer
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Re: Unable to deliver mail to localuser: local_delivery defer (-1) Frozen
> You should check with the packagers as to what their intent is. Running
Exim non-suid
> is definitely more tricky; it traditionally needs privilege for some

operations
> (including opening the SMTP socket for listen, and for delivery into

user's mailboxes).

https://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-security_considerations.html#SECTrunexiwitpri
> --
> Cheers,
> Jeremy

That was it! Following your linked section and the appendfile section
linked therein, I was able to get mail to deliver, and was able to view
that mail in gnus! I had to create the file:

touch /var/mail/user
chown user:exim /var/mail/user
chmod 660 /var/mail/user

I then added this line to the top-level of my exim config

deliver_drop_privilege = true

Then added these options to the local_delivery transport:

no_check_owner
file_must_exist
user = exim
group = exim