[exim] Re: Equivalent of Envelope-to as variables in pipe tr…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Equivalent of Envelope-to as variables in pipe transport
On 23/04/2024 18:09, Andreas Metzler via Exim-users wrote:
> On 2024-04-23 Mark Hills via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>> How do I access the equivalent of "Envelope-to" header in transport
>> variables?
>
>> I'm trying to call dovecot-lda in a manner that enables its "envelope"
>> rule.

> Iirc think the easiest way to combine dovecot and exim is nowadays to
> use the LMTP server instead of dovecot-lda.

If you don't want to use LMTP, then you'll need to record
de-tainted versions of the pre-aliasing variables, and use those
in that command-line.

The usual, documented, methods for de-tainting apply. All boil
down to using the tainted values as keys for lookup in a local store.
You can set variables in a router, and those can be used in the
eventual transport.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy