[exim] Re: missing message-id flow

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ian Z via Exim-users
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Re: missing message-id flow
On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 11:04:14PM +0300, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:

> > At what point in the "life of the message" is the check for a
> > message-id header made, and at what point is one generated if
> > missing?

> MUA should do it, and MTA may if message-id is missing.

My question was about the data flow inside exim. For example, if I set
an acl_m_ variable in the RCPT ACL, to indicate local submission, and
later in a transport I look for this variable and if set, I act on the
message with headers_remove and headers_add, is there any chance of
success?

> > I have a client MUA which generates nontraditional, even if
> > formally valid, message-ids, and apparently cannot be configured
> > not to do this. I'd like to replace them with ones generated by
> > exim (for local submissions only, but I know how to check that).

> Why do you want to do it? What is bad with MUA's message-id?

You can look at this message's headers :-)

--
Ian