[exim-dev] Test suite: testing for the *absence* of a string…

Góra strony
Autor: Andrew C Aitchison
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: [exim-dev] Test suite: testing for the *absence* of a string ?

Is it possible to use the exim test suite to test for the
*absence* of a particular string in Exim's response to EHLO,
or rather to make the test fail if a particular string occurs.

I can work around this by checking the response to HELP,
but it would be encouraging to be able to fail a test
if in a dialog like:

exim -DSERVER=server -bd -oX PORT_D
****
client -t2 127.0.0.1 PORT_D
??? 220
ehlo foobar
??? 250-
??? 250-
??? 250-
??? 250

one of the 250- responsed included the string CLIENTID,
which should not be advertised over an unecrypted connection.

Any ideas ?

If not, should I decide to implement this feature,
does anyone have thoughts on the details ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew@???