[exim] Re: locking et al.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeremy Harris
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Re: locking et al.
On 10/02/2024 16:24, graeme vetterlein via Exim-users wrote:
> mail_spool:
>   debug_print = "T: appendfile for $local_part@$domain"
>   driver = appendfile
>   file = /var/mail/$local_part_data
>   delivery_date_add
>   envelope_to_add
>   return_path_add
>   group = mail
>   mode = 0660
>   mode_fail_narrower = false
>
> So I take these together to mean:
>
>    exim will use "apendfile" to append mail to /var/mail/<myuserid>

ONLY IF this transport is the one being used for your delivery.
The delivery lines ("=>") in the log should give a hint.

>    and it will use fcntl(2) (I'm assuming advisory locking?)

I'm assuming you've read it right.  Yes, "fcntl" does an F_SETLOCKW.

If you're really nervous, I spot a debug output in the transport code which
says what sort of locking method is being used.
--
Cheers,
   Jeremy

PS:   "Exim".  Not "Exim 4" (unless you're a committed Debian-ite),
       Version 3 of Exim went obsolete twenty years ago.
       There is no Exim 3, nor Exim 5.