[exim] Re: excess dkim header?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bill Cole
Aan: Randy Bush via Exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Re: excess dkim header?
On 2024-01-05 at 16:02:45 UTC-0500 (Fri, 05 Jan 2024 13:02:45 -0800)
Randy Bush via Exim-users <randy@???>
is rumored to have said:

> should psg.com have recognized that it was already properly DKIMmed
> and
> not added the second?

Thought experiment: what would you do in response to seeing an
unfamiliar document with your seemingly valid signature on it?

It seems to me that such an event should be alarming unless specifically
expected. Or perhaps that it is so unlikely as to be not worth looking
for. I'm not sure that looking for it in order to avoid signing it again
would fit many use cases.

It is worth noting that there are entirely valid reasons to re-sign a
message that has already been signed by a prior MTA. Mailing lists
sometimes are configured to do that.

--
Bill Cole
bill@??? or billcole@???