[exim] Re: setgroups

Góra strony
Autor: Cyborg
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] Re: setgroups
Am 02.01.24 um 17:52 schrieb list2--- via Exim-users:
> 4.95 and newer versions are compiling just fine and running smoothly,
> but there is no delivery taking place mostly because of permission on
> mail folder issue.
>
> Main log show arrival but panic log is another thing.
>
>     "2024-01-02 03:36:46 S6M8QQ-000ORR-04 setgroups: Invalid argument"

Someone had the same issue ~1 year ago:

https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20220920.024400.456dd02a.gl.html

you need to follow up the chain to the root topic or just search for

'After upgrade to Exim 4.95 or 4.96: "setgroups: Invalid argument"'

with your favorite searchengine.

In the end a user suggested this a workaround that "may" help:

I use this since at least Mac OS X 10.11, probably longer. Maybe it works also on Snow Leopard:

dscl . -create /Users/exim

dscl . -create /Users/exim UniqueID 90

dscl . -create /Users/exim RealName "Exim user"

dscl . -create /Users/exim PrimaryGroupID 6

dscl . -create /Users/exim PASSWORD "*"

As Jeremy pointed out, there is no active MAC support. A user commented
this with: Apple does more and more to sabotage macos as a server os.

A question came to my mind, if it's not easier to run a normal server
linux in a container to get rid of unsupported code on an unsupported
os. It would stay local on your computer, if thats the idea behind using
a desktop os.

best regards,
Marius