[exim] Re: ARC

Página Inicial
Autor: Randy Bush
Para: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: ARC
>> with gobble et alia forcing ARC upon us[0]. i would hope it would be
>> in the distributed .debs
>
> To be fair to Debian, we still regard it as experimental - having had
> little evidence of it's actual use in the wild, and interoperability
> of the Exim implementation.

i am not seeking to blame. blame does not move packets.

i agree that it would be good to see a lot of interop. gonna be darn
hard if i can not turn it on. i suspect there will be an ARC/DMARC
interop at the brisbane hackathon.

> So does the IETF; RFC 8617 is Experimental, not Standards-Track.

i have written and/or run in expperimental rfcs for decades. often it
means it was not politically acceptable, e.g. nat, a+p, ... :)

> As I read that G note, they only use it as a negative signal.

my read of the tea leaves is a bit different, but i am a coffee
drinker. if one runs a list server, [DMARC and] ARC are gonna be
needed if you have subscribers in gobble land and you do not want to
end up in their spamboxes. and it is said that yahoo is doing the
same.

so i have to weigh the work of moving the list server to postfix and
the kludges to get DKIM, ARC, ... in that environment against the work
of building exim using the source from the debian port, (which i have
not done since phil hazel left the building) adding `EXPERIMENTAL_ARC =
yes`.

but thanks for the perspective. i get the message.

randy

[0] - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#arc