[exim-dev] Re: message_linelength_limit and transport_filter…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Re: message_linelength_limit and transport_filter order
On 12/7/23 14:05, Robert Blayzor via Exim-dev wrote:
> Should the order of operation be changed to do this check AFTER the transport_filter?

Not immediately possible; the message max linelength is currently
evaluated during the initial reception of the message (so as
to be available to the data ACL). We'd be needing to redo that
on the results of the transport filter - and so, as a side-issue,
we'd no longer be able to stream-copy the filter output pipe to
the transport channel but would have to stage via another temporary file.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy