[exim] Re: Fwd: Upon applying 4.96-1 on test, "Tainted arg 2…

Góra strony
Autor: Johnnie W Adams
Dla: Evgeniy Berdnikov
CC: exim-users
Temat: [exim] Re: Fwd: Upon applying 4.96-1 on test, "Tainted arg 2" appears
So I got this, and I find it puzzling:

8155    ├──expanding: $local_part@$domain

 8155    ╰─────result: johnnies-test-list-2@???

 8155               ╰──(tainted)

 8155   ├─────op-res: johnnies-test-list-2%40lists.test.ualr.edu

 8155              ╰──(tainted, quoted:ldap)

The value for $domain should be test.ualr.edu, not lists.test.ualr.edu, and
I'm unsure where the bad value is coming from.

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 1:27 PM Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 01:03:50PM -0600, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users
> wrote:
> > Parsing did become successful with that change--thanks! It works now in
> > exim -be when I hardcode $local_part and $domain. But I'm still failing
> > when I put it into exim.conf. Oddly, it does work when I put in the
> > hardcoded values. I've tried moving the quotes around (including removing
> > them). What am I missing?
>
> Nice, you can run Exim with "-d+expand" and compare arguments for lookup,
> to locate the place where expansion became different to hardcoded value.
> --
> Eugene Berdnikov
>
> --

John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator | Information Technology Services
+1-501-916-3010 | jxadams@??? | http://ualr.edu/itservices
*UA Little Rock*

Reminder: IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts. For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.