[exim] Re: Handle sender on forwarding

Author: Jarland Donnell via Exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Handle sender on forwarding
SRS does this fine. But if the From domain (not the envelope from, the
domain in the "From" header) publishes a DMARC record with a reject
rule, Gmail may still decline the forwarded message. They say as much in
their documentation. While SRS handles almost everything fine, Gmail
will still sometimes reject forwarded email that they otherwise would
have accepted were it sent directly to a Gmail account, and sometimes
there is nothing you can do about this other than not forward that
email.

There will be no scenario in which Gmail accepts 100% of forwarded email
(unless you're working with a small sample size to declare that
statement invalid). This is just something you have to keep in mind, as
Gmail never promised to be the perfect recipient of forwarded emails.