[exim] Re: Routing based on *recipient* IP address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gandalf Corvotempesta
A: Kirill Miazine
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Re: Routing based on *recipient* IP address
Il gio 26 ott 2023, 21:22 Kirill Miazine via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> ha scritto:

> Maybe you could solve the task at a lower level, e.g. use operating
> system's networking facilities e.g. to redirect connections to port 25
> on those specific IP addresses to the smarthost, or better have some VPN
> between GCP and AWS and route packets via the AWS instance (which would
> have to make sure to use NAT on packets coming from GCP).
>
> Could that work?

i can , and would be much easier, but this would "break" logging and
debugging i think
exim will log an email sent to IP 1.2.3.4 (the real one) but thank to
iptables, the email is sent to a different host.

It works, but in 2 days we'll forget this thing and we'll start to
troubleshoot why an email sent to and accepted by 1.2.3.4 is not delivered,
forgetting that the email could be stuck in our external "proxy"

even an exim -bt ffff@??? will not produce a useful output

Better to handle the routing inside exim, but in going crazy with the
conditions....

i've already set a condition with ${if forany.....} to trigger if any of
the the ip in the list are inside a file, but with ipv6 it doesn't work at
all, the list seems to be always empty