[exim] Re: Destination address in a transport

Góra strony
Autor: Markus Reschke
Dla: Thomas Andrews via Exim-users
Temat: [exim] Re: Destination address in a transport
Hi!

On Thu, 26 Oct 2023, Thomas Andrews via Exim-users wrote:

> The destination address could be gjh@??? or anything - ie I have no
> way to de-taint it as it is not a local address. Therefore using $local_part
> and $domain is not an option. What are my other options? (By the way, it
> doesn't actually matter if the destination address is tainted in my case -
> the external program my_proggie will deal with that.)

There are two solutions available. One is a dirty hack
(https://jimbobmcgee.wordpress.com/2020/07/29/de-tainting-exim-configuration-variables/)
which can be set up within exim. And the other one is a wrapper which uses
the environment variables set by exim when run. The env variables include
the receipient's email address. This way the wrapper is called without any
tainted variables, exim is happy, and the wrapper still gets the
receipient's email address.

ciao
  Markus
--