[exim] Re: Certificate problem

Página Inicial
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: Certificate problem
Franz-Werner Gergen via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Di 17 Okt 2023 12:08:33 CEST):
> Dear exim users,
>
> I've a problem with a certificate using in exim. The certificate is
> correctly used for other applications (apache, cyrus, openldap) but for exim
> I got a
> SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file file=/etc/ssl/owncerts/mail-key.pem):
> error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values
> mismatch

Probably not a permission issue, as I think, the error message would
tell you.

The certificate is used on the server side, I suppose. So check the
path's for the cert.

exim -n -bP tls_{certificate,privatekey}

To be on the safe side: the the permission on the *whole* path (e.g.
using `namei -l …`), the cert and key file must be readable by the Exim
runtime user or group. If you use the cert as a client (during
transport), beware that normally Exim doesn't initialize the
supplementary groups, (see transport option `init_groups`).

Check if the cert's modulus matchs the key's modulus:

openssl x509 -in <certfile> -noout -modulus
openssl rsa -in <keyfile> -noout -modulus

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann