[exim] Re: Fwd: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit)

Página Inicial
Autor: Johnnie W Adams
Para: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: Fwd: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit)
Ah! That's the explanation. These are RHEL 7 boxes and they don't have that
package in the RHEL 7 repos. Which brings me back around to hunting for the
package...or building it, I suppose.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 2:16 PM Tim Jackson via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On 11/10/2023 20:51, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users wrote:
>
> > I was installing 4.96.1 on my dev systems and hit this dependency
> > problem: Requires: libpcre2-8.so.0()(64bit). I'm not finding it in any of
> > the usual places (RHEL, EPEL).
>
> What OS/version are you running specifically?
> In RHEL, you should find the package "pcre2" which provides this; for
> example,
> on recent RHEL8 versions:
>
> pcre2-10.32-3.el8_6.x86_64
>
> (from the "rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-rpms" repository)
>
> Tim
>

> --

John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator | Information Technology Services
+1-501-916-3010 | jxadams@??? | http://ualr.edu/itservices
*UA Little Rock*

Reminder: IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts. For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.