[exim] Re: Fixing or disabling TLS for internal network host…

Página Inicial
Autor: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: Fixing or disabling TLS for internal network hosts
On Sat, Oct 07, 2023 at 09:53:25PM -0700, AC via Exim-users wrote:

> As for misunderstanding the error, perhaps it could be modified to better
> explain which side is causing the message since I obviously assumed that a
> message in the server logs indicated the server had a problem absent any
> other identifying information.

Sadly, the error in question is reported from deep inside the TLS
library, and Exim would have to work hard to figure out it is reporting
a "peer" alert, and not some other TLS handshake problem.

So this is just one of those cases where the error only reveals its full
meaning to those who have some insight into the inner workings of TLS. :-(

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/sluggerotoole/153603564

--
    Viktor.