[exim] Re: Mitigation statement for CVE-2023-42119

Página Inicial
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: Mitigation statement for CVE-2023-42119
On 2023-10-06 Slavko via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
[...]
> hmm, i still cannot get how "network adjacent" is related to root
> privileges. But my head never was good for attacks...

Hello,
Afaiui the attack will require special DNS packets that would not be
sent out by a real recursive resolver. i.e. the attacker needs to change
these packets directly by being in between the resolver and the machine
hosting exim.

[...]
> BTW, Heiko, i see that discussion with ZDI "continue" on oss-security.
> Please, can you from time to time post summary here?

Until now the discussion there sadly only explains why 3 out of 6
possible issues are still unresolved or not really understood. The
person (?) sending mails from ZDI does not answer any questions but
sends out unrelated canned responses. :-(

cu Andreas