[exim] Re: Is sender verification possible on a server that …

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Mario Emmenlauer
To: exim-users, Viktor Dukhovni
題目: [exim] Re: Is sender verification possible on a server that is used as a smarthost?
On 05.10.23 01:37, Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2023 at 09:36:12PM +0200, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
>
>>> Rather than leak user@<somehost>.domain forms out to the public
>>> Internet, explain and solve the real problem that not masquerading
>>> all users behind the primary domain is supposed to solve???
>>
>> So for me, the exim email system on the desktop computers is exclusively used
>> by the Linux operating system. I do not enable incoming email, so all mails are
>> generated by the various services that come with Linux. Some of these services
>> are operated intentionally by me, like logcheck and monit. But some are just
>> basic system services that tend to report relevant information via email, often
>> to root.
>
> As I suspected, you're sensibly trying to be able to tell at a glance
> which machine a message is from. This use-case is the main purpose of
> the address rewritng proposed in the Postfix null-client guide in the
> MULTI_INSTANCE doc.
>
> I am sure confident very similar can be done in Exim. Just rewrite
> on each host (From headers):
>
>      # Replace "admin" with any suitable name of your choice.
>      # Replace "hostname" with the actual name of each machine.
>      root -> admin+root=hostname@???
>      bin -> admin+bin=hostname@???

> Any bounces will end up in "admin"'s mailbox on the smarthost.
> You'll be able to tell where the message came from by looking
> at the From address.

This sounds very interesting, I'll give it a try! Thanks for the very nice
suggestion!

All the best,

     Mario