[exim] Re: Recent CVEs and libspf2 (and Debian)

Página Inicial
Autor: Slavko
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: Recent CVEs and libspf2 (and Debian)
Dňa 4. októbra 2023 19:07:50 UTC používateľ Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>Hm, maybe I'm confusing things, but the dmarc condition doesn't work
>well if you do not use the spf condition first. So (but I may be totally
>wrong), `dmarc = …` doesn't automatically call `spf = …`
>
>Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you are right, at least docs says that. I do not use dmarc in exim,
as it is not included on debian, i play with it only, but it was relative
long time ago...

Anyway, it is surprise/unexpected for me. I would expect different
approach: using dmarc_status will trigger spf check, if it was not called
explicitly yet. Something as host lookup is triggered when one use
$sender_host_name.

regards

--
Slavko