[exim] Re: Is sender verification possible on a server that …

Página Inicial
Autor: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: Is sender verification possible on a server that is used as a smarthost?
On Wed, Oct 04, 2023 at 02:11:27PM +0200, Mario Emmenlauer via Exim-users wrote:

> Also, I'd like to have unique mailnames for each desktop, like
> <hostname>.mydomain.org, to better identify where the mail originated
> from. But these domains do not really exist, they would be "fake"
> mailnames to identify the various desktop computers.
>
> Now, the server rejects all such emails because sender verification
> failed.

A plausible work-around would be the equivalent of that described for
null-client configurations in:

    http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick

    /etc/postfix/generic:
        # The smarthost supports "+" addressing (recipient_delimiter = +).
        # Mail from "root" exposes the origin host, without replies
        # and bounces going back to the same host.
        #
        # On clustered MTAs this file is typically machine-built from
        # a template file. The build process expands the template into
        # "mtaadmin+root=mta1"
        #
        root        mtaadmin+root=mta1

but you could do this for all users, instead of just "root". Tagging
the mail origin, without using a fake domain. Or perhaps (somewhat
likely) it is only "root" and the like that you need this for, with mail
from interactive users not needing any explicit tagging with the source
host...

--
    Viktor.