[exim] Wait for fix to appear in distros?

Góra strony
Autor: Paul Vinkenoog
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] Wait for fix to appear in distros?
Hello all,

I'm running exim on a number of servers and after the news yesterday
I expected to see the fixed version appear soon in the various repos.

But so far, nothing has shown up.

I'm wondering now: should I wait a little more (risky?) or replace my
version (from Almalinux 9) with the fixed version that was brought out
yesterday?

My problem is that I don't know in how much the Almalinux version
differs from Exim's own version and if I can mess up things (e.g.
configuration-wise) if I replace one with the other.

BTW, none of my installations advertise the AUTH command to
anyone (and they refuse it when issued). Does that mean I'm
relatively safe?

Kind regards,
Paul Vinkenoog