著者: Slavko
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Re: Exim Zero Day?
Dňa 2. októbra 2023 9:36:00 UTC používateľ Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:
>On 02/10/2023 10:20, Slavko via Exim-users wrote:
>> AFAIK EXTERNAL requires TLS auth before,
>
>No; only if your config enforces that.
>The example in the docs does, but that's not the only way to use External.

I want to tell, that one will not want to enable EXTERNAL AUTH for random
hosts, as there have to be some agreement between client and server about
what that external means and should to be verified by something other. That
it is possible to configure it without that doesn't matter, but will that be good
idea?

>Being able to talk TLS is everywhere. Don't trust peers only on that basis
>(especially as a server).

I didn't mean generic TLS communication, but eg. client's cert signed
and verified by private CA.

regards

--
Slavko