著者: Christof Meerwald
To: Slavko, Slavko via Exim-users
題目: [exim] Re: Exim Zero Day?
On Sun, 01 Oct 2023 19:50:43 +0000, Slavko via Exim-users wrote:
> Dňa 1. októbra 2023 17:49:26 UTC používateľ Rainer Dorsch via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:
>>I stopped the exim4 service on servers with port 25 accessible from the
>>internet
>
> Please why?
>
> + do you use AUTH (NTLM/EXTERNAL) on port 25?

This was only officially confirmed today (which is very unfortunate),
https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-23-1469/ just had
"(0Day) Exim AUTH Out-Of-Bounds Write Remote Code Execution
Vulnerability"

When I looked at it yesterday I eventually found enough information
that suggested it's only exploitable with "AUTH EXTERNAL", so wasn't
worried after I found that. But until then I was actually quite
worried as well.

Christof

https://cmeerw.org                             sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org