[exim] Re: Exim Zero Day?

Author: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Exim Zero Day?
On Sun, Oct 01, 2023 at 05:50:00PM +0200, Andreas Barth via Exim-users wrote:

> I have seen the security side as debian release manager for quite many
> software products. And I doubt much that postfix would do it much
> different.

Coordinated release of security updates is standard industry practice.

The only similar CVE in Postfix is CVE-2011-1720.

    https://www.postfix.org/CVE-2011-1720.html#timeline

Another CVE instead led to coordination with multiple other SMTP
implementations (really anything that involved transition from cleartext
to TLS via a STARTTLS-like mechanism). This did not involve any risk of
system compromise, just injection of pre-TLS content into the TLS
stream:

    https://www.postfix.org/CVE-2011-0411.html#timeline

--
    Viktor.