[exim] Re: Exim 4.97-RC1 released

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Exim 4.97-RC1 released
On 28/09/2023 18:37, Ian Z via Exim-users wrote:
> I checked with `nm` and on this platform, at least, the
> lmtp code seems not to make it into the final executable. So the
> linker does its job, and all is explained. The redundant compile is
> still a bit suboptimal but I understand that we don't want to mess
> with the build setup.

I started spraying #ifdef everywhere... and then found that lookups
are handled (for this purpose) by script-hacking on the sub-makefile.
So (eventually) I might get around to doing similar for
all of routers, transports, authenticators.

> I would probably do the %Y thing differently ... but I'll cope.

One might argue that labelling these functions printf-like is not
valid, when they do different things. But GCC is running into the
identical issue what handling extensible-printf functions...

--
Cheers,
Jeremy