[exim] Re: Exim 4.97-RC1 released

Author: Ian Z via Exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Exim 4.97-RC1 released
So far I've not been able to build it.

I see a couple of things in the build output that make me even wonder
if my src/Local/Makefile ends up being used.

First, there's a message about preparing for dynamic lookups ... but
these are disabled per my Makefile.

And then, even though the lmtp transport is also disabled, it proceeds
to compile src/src/transports/lmtp.c in full. Is that supposed to
happen? I had the idea that disabled drivers got stubbed out.

Because I build with -Werror and -Wformat, and because the nonstandard
%Y format is used in lmtp.c, my build dies there.

I remember when I was trying to build on FreeBSD you were thinking of
messing with the meta-build (i.e. how the final makefile is assembled
from the local, arch and system specific bits). Has anything come out
of that? Like, maybe, has the order of the bits changed?

If relevant: amd64, devuan chimaera (which is mostly the same as debian
bullseye)

--
Ian