[exim] Re: Problem with exim_tidydb after upgrading to 4.96

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Problem with exim_tidydb after upgrading to 4.96
On 08/09/2023 20:27, Mike Clarke via Exim-users wrote:
> So it's looking for wait-remote_smtp.db instead of wait-remote_smtp.

> With these symlinks exim_tidydb now works without errors. I was wondering if this is a
> bug with 4.96 or if the new version now require the database files to have a .db suffix so I
> fired up a new virtual system with exim 4.96 which created database files with the ,db
> suffix. So for my current system should I just rename the database files, or even just
> delete them and let exim create new ones?

Delete them.

Either the library used for these hints DBs has changed
the names of files it uses, or a different library is being used.
Starting over is always safe so long as all "old" exim processes
have terminated. You lose any long-term history (but for this
specific use, we don't even care about that).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy