[exim] Re: Pipe transport and script (shebang)

Author: George L. Yermulnik
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Pipe transport and script (shebang)
Hello!

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 at 17:14:33 (+0000), Slavko via Exim-users wrote:

> I don't know how bash deals with autoexport, but i find diference:

> + when i unset PATH variable, the env can find python (and others)
> + when i set PATH to empty (or other) value, the env fails

"undefined var" != "var with the empty value" and hence the behavior is
different.

> Thus i guess, that while result is the same (no value) the env uses
> some default path(s) in case when PATH is not set. I guess about
> env's default, as bash itself complains about command(s) in both
> cases.

When PATH is not set, `env` relies (by means of standard libs) upon
default location of binary files (defined by means of standard libs).
This value may vary across different OS's.
You can verify this value by running `getconf PATH` on the target system.

--
George L. Yermulnik
[YZ-RIPE]