[exim] Re: exim spitting out "bad certificate" log lines

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Re: exim spitting out "bad certificate" log lines
On 13/07/2023 20:30, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
> Does TLS/SSL protocol provide enough information to conclude that alert
> should be interpreted as "bad certificate" message from other side?

The alert message on the wire has an identifiable sender, yes.
But we have to assume that OpenSSL reporting that error only does
it for ones it *receives*.

[Yes, there are hooks to look at more detail of the processing
that OpenSSL does. I'm not convinced it's worthwhile for this,
having had to do far too much of that already].

> Does it provide any granularity on this badness, such as time window,
> signature, algorithms and so on?

No.

--
Cheers,