[exim-dev] Variable names

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Variable names

I'm writing a CLIENTID extension for exim which will
add some variables to be used in the exim config.

One of them, call it "token", is unsafe and cannot be safely untainted
(it is a string of "between 1 and 128 printable characters") so I am
thinking of exposing a second variable which is the string hex-encoded.

What should I call these
    "token" and "token_hex",
    "token_raw" and "token",
    "tainted_token" and "token",
    "token_tainted" and "token_hex"
or are there better suggestions ?

It would be nice if error messages about misusing the tainted version
suggested using the safe version. Is that possible ?

Thanks,

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew@???