[exim] Re: Dovecot pidgeonhole transport untaint $sender

Author: Martin Waschbüsch
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Dovecot pidgeonhole transport untaint $sender
Am 11.05.23 um 21:54 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:
> On 11/05/2023 20:32, Martin Waschbüsch via Exim-users wrote:
>> Under what circumstances would exim add that line? Those lines are not
>> currently added on my setup.
>
> When writing an mbox-format file, done by the appendfile driver.
> Which you're not using.
>

> Did you look into the LMTP possibility?

LMTP works for me. I had to redo some routing so that Mail identified as
Spam goes directly into the appropriate Mailbox (I used +Spam address
suffix and appropriate options on dovecot side for that)

And using LMTP over unix socket actually measurably reduces load by not
having to spwan a new dovecot-lda all the time. Added benefit! :-)

Thanks,

Martin