Re: [exim] log_reject_target

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] log_reject_target
On 19/04/2023 16:24, Ian Z via Exim-users wrote:
> First, does this mean that here nothing will be logged:
>
>    acl_check_rcpt:

>      warn log_reject_target =

>      deny condition = true

I've not tried that, but at first sight yes.
Why are you asking?

> Second, what about nested ACLs? Both with the acl= condition
> and with the ${acl .. } expansion. Is the value of log_reject_target
> restored upon return to the top level ACL?

The value is reset to default on an expansion condition or item which
calls an ACL, and on any of the top-level ACL calls specified by
main-config options. It is not reset for or after an "acl=" ACL
condition (i.e. a nested ACL call)/
--
Cheers,
Jeremy