Re: [exim] Proxy smtp connections to multiple Exim servers b…

Página Inicial
Autor: Sebastian Arcus
Para: Evgeniy Berdnikov, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Proxy smtp connections to multiple Exim servers behind proxy

On 15/04/2023 21:20, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 08:44:08PM +0100, Sebastian Arcus via Exim-users wrote:
>> These are all separate servers belonging to different organisations. They
>> each host their own mail domain and users. This can't be changed. I am not
>> looking to do load balancing. I am looking to share the public IP address
>> and PTR record these servers use for incoming and outgoing smtp connections.
>
> This formulation is significantly different from the original one, which
> was about SNI and all that. This task has no relation to SNI, TLS, etc.
> With wrong questions you have minimal chances to get relevant answers.

You are correct - thinking some more about it, all outside connections
would be connecting to the same FQDN. SNI would play no part in it.
Sorry for the confusion. It seems that using Exim as a front end
relaying to back-end servers seems to be the right solution.

> BTW, using single public IP/gateway you create a single point of failure
> for all domains/organizations.

That is also very true, and I have considered it. On balancing the
advantages and disadvantages of the setup, it will be a risk I will have
to accept. Or possibly end up with two of these cloud / front-end
servers setup as the 2 MX's for all domains.