Re: [exim] Proxy smtp connections to multiple Exim servers b…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Proxy smtp connections to multiple Exim servers behind proxy
On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 06:03:29PM +0100, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
> On 15/04/2023 16:46, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
> > My question is: why do you want to use so complicated scheme, while it's
> > very simple task to set up a farm of Exim servers, each operating for
> > several mail domains, with iptables-based balancer in front of them?
>
> Would this be possible with different servers covering different email
> domains?

No, all servers should cover all domains pulished through balancer.

However, you can use 2 lines of backend servers: 1st is the farm
I described above, 2nd is a line with domain-specific servers.
Incoming mails should be forwarded from 1st line to 2nd.

> These servers belong to different organisations - hence why each
> one hosts different domains.

It has no impotance if you want to route mails through one frontend.
All organisations should agree to share this frontend.
--
Eugene Berdnikov