Re: [exim] Re (2): Configuring for non-encrypted MUA to loca…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Re (2): Configuring for non-encrypted MUA to localhost. TLS-on-connect, exim to smarthost.
On 08/04/2023 19:16, Peter via Exim-users wrote:
> Appears the log I have now is complete; the last line has "terminating
> with rc=0".  Rather than clutter the mailing list with mostly
> insignificant data I put it here. http://easthope.ca/eximdebug.txt

Somewhere along the way the UTF-8 in that got mangled...

But here:

19:37:10 5273 ** peter@??? R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost: all hosts for 'easthope.ca' have been failing for a long time (and retry time not reached)

"retry time not reached" is the relevant bit. Exim is holding off for a bit
from trying to connect to a host it has recorded as failing.
It'll try again eventually (assuming you have periodic queue runs) -
or you could just wipe the hints database.

(and that line was being sent to your main log, as well as debug output)
--
Cheers,
Jeremy