[exim] strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to …

Author: Jim Lamers
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to be from our own <admd-identifier>
Hello list,

I am sorry for creating a new thread, but i had the settings for the
mailinglist misconfigured and was unable to react to the thread.

I am trying to implement ARC in our Exim setup. While reading
experimental-spec.txt[1] I noticed the following: "Note that it would
be wise to strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to be
from our own <admd-identifier>." I have some difficulty with realizing
this. I tried a few things and the closest I got to something working
is:

TEST = ${filter{$lheader_Authentication-Results:}{!match{$item}{^our-admd-identifier;}}}

headers_remove = Authentication-Results
headers_add = "Authentication-Results: TEST"

Removing and re-adding the Authentication Result headers does work,
but using headers_add = "Authtentication-Results: TEST" results in all
remaining mail headers to be added at one spot in the email headers. I
was wondering if there are better ways to remove incoming A-R headers
that claim to be from our own admd?

[1] https://github.com/Exim/exim/blob/b07d141af23f2ab160eba2b58a834baee513b3f8/doc/doc-txt/experimental-spec.txt#L515

--
Kind Regards,