Re: [exim] expansion error in OAuth2 client authenticator

Author: Victor Ustugov
To: Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] expansion error in OAuth2 client authenticator
Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote on 12.03.2023 20:06:
> On 12/03/2023 17:31, Victor Ustugov via Exim-users wrote:
>> Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote on 12.03.2023 19:09:
>>> No.
>>
>> Do you plan to implement this functionality?
>
> It's not currently on the radar.  Glancing round the
> code, it could be implemented with a bit of a hack.
> Choosing a syntax would also be needed.
>
> How badly do you need it?

The cause of the problem that I encountered when updating the OAuth2
access token turned out to be not in the making of HTTPS requests to
non-default virtual hosts. Therefore, the implementation of SNI has
become non-critical for me.

In any case, I would get around the problem by proxying requests through
the nearest nginh.

> Testing is an issue.  I think you mentioned building
> a FreeBSD port for yourself;

Yes

> does that mean you
> could take a patch and test that?

Yes, of course.

I've been building exim from the FreeBSD ports tree with my patches for
years. So for testing it is not at all necessary to build a port from
scratch yourself.

This is also true for building exim for rpm and deb based distributions.

I can test the SNI patch on at least FreeBSD, CentOS, Ubuntu.

--
Best wishes Victor Ustugov
mailto:victor@corvax.kiev.ua