[exim] renewing the SSL certificate doesn't work

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Gary Stainburn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] renewing the SSL certificate doesn't work
Hello everyone.

I've just purchased a new SSL certificate as my previous one expired
last night.  As I got a new SHA-2 certificate, it came with a new
private key and a new bundle.

The files that were generated were:

  generated-csr.txt
  generated-private-key.txt

The files I received are:

  inflating: sf_bundle-g2-g1.crt
  inflating: 27eff7f9e735cb3f.crt
  inflating: 27eff7f9e735cb3f.pem

The exim.conf file includes

  tls_privatekey  = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ringways.co.uk.key
  tls_certificate = /etc/pki/tls/certs/exim.pem

I copied generated-private-key.txt to /etc/pki/tls/certs/ringways.co.uk.key
I copied 27eff7f9e735cb3f.crt to /etc/pki/tls/certs/exim.pem

However, when I install the new files I get SSL errors.

TLS error on connection from mail14.atl281.mcsv.net [198.2.143.14]
(SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file
file=/etc/pki/tls/certs/ringways.co.uk.key): error:0906D06C:PEM
routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line

I seem to remember in the past that I had to merge the certificate with
the bundle, so I did that too, but I still get the above error.

Can anyone point me at the best instructions on how to do this correctly.

Cheers

Gary